We’re looking for the next member of the Gramercy team, as our firm prepares for an incredible 2020. Only highly motivated candidates with direct experience in-state public affairs should apply. Our public affairs team is based out of offices at the Bull Moose Club directly across the street from the Capitol.
For more than a decade, Gramercy’s reputation has been rooted in its success as a client-focused firm. We are seeking the next individual to help Gramercy, and our clients, achieve that same success. An ethical and thoughtful communications professional, this individual must have a deep understanding of both New York State government and media relations. Must be respected by newsrooms as a source for newsworthy content, and serve as a trusted advisor to Gramercy clients. This position will be heavily focused on communicating with the media and representing the Gramercy Communications brand. This position is fit for an individual that understands the power of communications and the motivations of newsrooms, influencers, stakeholders, constituents, and decision-makers.
Only candidates with direct experience in-state public affairs need apply.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
· Provide strategic counsel and service to Gramercy clients, serving as both an account lead and in a support role
· Exhibit an understanding of New York State government, political and business landscapes
· Establish direct long-term and short-term goals for client accounts and track results
· Develop and execute integrated public relations and public affairs campaigns
· Proactively pursue new business opportunities
· Other duties as assigned
A bachelor’s degree is required. An advanced degree is a plus.
Experience, Competencies and Personal Characteristics:
· 2-5+ years relevant experience
· Exceptional writing, project management and organizational skills
· Strong knowledge of communications disciplines
· Government or association experience a plus
· Must have the ability to work independently, as well as with a team
· Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, to handle client crises, to multi-task, and to prioritize appropriately
Competitive and commensurate with experience; 401k, health benefits
Job Type: Full-time
Interested? Please apply here.